Yuma Fresh Vegetable Association – working on your behalf
Yuma Fresh Vegetable Association’s focus is on the Yuma area; an agricultural oasis at the crossroads between Mexico and the State of California. Our limited focus helps eliminate competing interests and divergent issues within our organization. We are dedicated to protecting and promoting the needs of Yuma vegetable and melon production. YFVA listens to our members’ needs and responds.
On behalf of the Yuma vegetable and melon industry, Yuma Fresh Vegetable Association…
- Testify at the Arizona Legislature
- Meet with State and Federal officials
- Advise council/committee members and the staff of the Arizona Iceberg Lettuce Research Council, Citrus, Fruit and Vegetable Advisory Council, Arizona Leafy Greens Food Safety Committee, Agricultural Employment Relations Board
- Educate government officials about Yuma agriculture’s economic significance
- Monitor the cost-effectiveness and regulatory burden of government programs
- Join with other organizations to advocate for common interests
- Mitigate local agriculture issues
YFVA provides news addressing the issues of the Yuma agricultural industry is delivered to members by email.
YFVA provides networking opportunities with our Spring Mix Classic Trap and Skeet Shoot and Jacob Louis Daily Golf Tournament.
YFVA funds scholarships to assist students with education for future industry challenges
During the winter harvest season, YFVA members receive daily email forecasts about frost, intensity of ice, high and low temperatures, historical averages and a 10-day outlook for the Yuma Valley, the Gila Valley and Eastern Yuma County.
Bring academic, trade show and networking components together at our highly successful Southwest Agriculture Summit
YFVA holds meetings with local media to ensure reporting of agriculturally related stories are accurate and complete.