Welcome to the
2018 Southwest Ag Summit
The Southwest Ag Summit is the desert Southwest’s premier agriculture industry show. The Summit is centered in the middle of some of the most diverse and productive agricultural land in the world and is surrounded by over .6 million acres of irrigated land all within 120 miles of Yuma, Arizona. The target audience includes those in Arizona, New Mexico, Southern California, and Northern Mexico.
In partnership with the University of Arizona, Arizona Western College and Yuma County Farm Bureau, Yuma Fresh Vegetable Association organizers ensure the summit provides current content that growers will directly apply to their present cultural and management practices. World renowned experts present on topics including but not limited to irrigation management, immigration reform, fresh produce safety, crop protection, energy conservation, new cropping technology and urban encroachment. General sessions covering topics that are of interest to all involved in agriculture are typically presented in the morning followed by timely and more specific breakout forums during the course of the day.
In addition to continuing education opportunities, the Summit provides an opportunity for networking, visiting with old friends and learning what others are doing in the industry and ways we can all work together.
The vision of the Southwest Agricultural Summit has always been to bring knowledge and innovation to agriculture in the desert regions and continue to make this area known throughout the world for the quality products that are grown here.
Register to attend today!
Schedule of Events
- 11:30 a.m. – Jacob Louis Daily Memorial Golf Tournament Lunch, Mesa Del Sol Golf Club
- 12 p.m. – Jacob Louis Daily Memorial Golf Tournament, Mesa Del Sol Golf Club (Shotgun Start)
- 7 a.m.-12 p.m. – Field Demonstration and Trade Show (CEU’s available) Arizona Western College
- 10 a.m.-12 p.m. – Welding: Farm Machinery and Repair, Arizona Western College
- 5:30 p.m.-8:30 p.m. – Opening Reception and Trade Show, Arizona Western College
- 7 a.m.-4 p.m. – Trade Show, Arizona Western College
- 7 a.m. – Continental Breakfast and Registration, Arizona Western College
- 7:30 a.m. – Morning Keynote Panel, Arizona Western College
- 9:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m. – Morning Breakout Sessions (CEU’s Available), Arizona Western College
- 12 p.m.-1:30 p.m. – Lunch and Afternoon Keynote Speaker, Arizona Western College
- 1:30 p.m.-3:30 p.m. – Afternoon Breakout Sessions (CEU’s available), Arizona Western College
- 6 p.m. – Harvest Dinner, Quartermaster Depot State Historic Park
- 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. – Advanced Agriculture Tour with Lunch. Departs from Holiday Inn Express