All about YFVA
For over six decades, Yuma Fresh Vegetable Association has believed in the importance of providing an opportunity for discussion and strategic action regarding any problems facing the industry. By coming together and solving problems in a cooperative atmosphere, ideas and discussion are turned into an action plan that has real, positive benefits for Yuma’s agriculture industry. In addition to focusing on issues facing the Yuma area ag industry, YFVA believes strongly in sharing Yuma’s agriculture story with the world and supporting the next generation of agriculture innovators. YFVA has created and/or managed annual community events and programs that support this belief.
This past year, YFVA focused on the following issues:
- Implementing the Food Safety Modernization Act and strengthening the AZ Leafy Greens Marketing Agreement
Colorado River Water Issues
- Engaging in water policy discussions
- Expressing to EPA and ADA officials why Yuma does not have bee-kill problems
Worker Protection Standard
- Explaining the impact of EPA Worker Protection Standard (WPS) revisions on our desert industry
Border and Immigration Reform
- Monitoring ongoing debates about worker visas and border issues
Labor of Love Program
Farm Fresh Forks Program
Board of Directors
Steve Alameda – President
Top Flavor Farms
Cory Mellon – Vice President
Shipper and Grower Member Directors
L & R Corporation, Inc.
Dole Fresh Vegetables, Inc.
Amigo Farms, Inc.
Tanimura & Antle
Associate Member Directors